Tuesday 18 January 2011

Charles and Ray Eames



These chairs are currently on my wishlist. They were designed in the early 50's by Charles and his wife Ray Eames and recently Vitra started manufacturing them again. I am trying to get my wonderful man (please read and make an order dear!) to get a them for our dining table but so far I haven't managed to convince him. These chairs are not made for a student's budget but there are some alternatives on the market. For example swedish Furniturebox has a copy for less. My favorites are the white ones with wooden legs but the chairs are avaliable in lots of different colors and materials.

First image: unknown
 Second image from Miljögården

1 comment:

  1. Oh they are really great.. Love the minimalistic design. My favorite is the smallest one in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete